Headquartered in New York City, LittleThings is the #1 digital lifestyle destination publishing engaging, meaningful content for women across generations. LittleThings employs a growing team of 100+ media professionals, creatives, and digital experts who help scale and distribute impactful programming. With an unparalleled audience of 56 million monthly uniques, LittleThings achieves the highest engagement per article on Facebook, garners 110 million O&O and 375 million monthly cross-platform video views, and receives 13+ million monthly Live views.
LittleThings is seeking a Director of Product that will lead product management, UX, testing, and project management. The successful candidate will own the overall product vision and be able to bring new, complementary products and features to market that will support the overall company strategy. The Director of Product will report to the Chief Digital Officer.
The ideal candidate will have past experience delivering in a company with a rapidly evolving portfolio of digital products. Their biggest strengths will include: organizing; making informed recommendations quickly; and executing projects by utilizing customer research and feedback, market data, rich usage analytics, and industry trends. The candidate will be able to anticipate market, business, and technology changes while driving decisions on how to create solutions for use on mobile, tablet, or desktop.
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy to achieve strong traffic growth
- Develop new products and enhance existing products to achieve this vision, taking into account customer research, technology developments, and existing assets and relationships, along with business goals
- Establish world-class product and design operating rhythm, processes, and interactions with business stakeholders and development teams. This should lead to greater communication, decision-making, and execution velocity, with the ability to evolve as the product portfolio grows
- Establish a shared understanding of the product vision, strategy, and plan across the company, building consensus on priorities leading to the product road map and execution
- Use your extensive experience in combination with user research to rapidly decide product priorities and identify the most promising ideas
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods, as well as a reasonable execution schedule
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the product's success
- Understand business goals and pain points
- Effortlessly balance communicating high-level strategy to senior management and specific day-to-day details with developers and designers
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree
- Proven experience in a digital Product Management, Product Design, Product Marketing, or Product Development role
- Familiarity with multivariate testing
- Passion and flair for creating great digital experiences for consumers across platforms
- Excellent organizational and execution skills. Ability to establish processes and “get stuff done” in a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to lead teams to design simple, intuitive user interfaces while clearly documenting requirements, functional specifications, strategies, and plans
- Proven experience managing, motivating, and inspiring teams to design and develop products that consumers love
- Ability to inspire in-house and outsourced teams
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- 401K plan
- Generous 24 month anniversary gift
- Video games & Ping-Pong table
- Thursday evening happy hours
- Friday catered lunches
- Walking distance to Penn Station, Grand Central Station, & Herald Square subway
- Flexible vacation days
- Window-lined office
- Unlimited snacks, fruit, beverages, & organic coffee
- In-office Massages