Headquartered in New York City, LittleThings is the #1 lifestyle digital destination and first Post Cable Network (PCN) for women.
LittleThings employs a growing team of 110+ media professionals and digital & television experts. This team creates and distributes engaging, meaningful programming to LittleThings’ unparalleled audience that views over 350 million videos a month. The programming on LittleThings’ channel includes 13 different shows totaling 4 hours a day of original content that can be watched on Facebook Live, LittleThings.com, Pluto TV, and numerous other OTT platforms and apps.
LittleThings is currently seeking a Director of Marketing and Public Relations. This person will have broad responsibilities encompassing corporate marketing initiatives, obtaining speaking opportunities for members of the executive team, leading internal communications, and managing press coverage. The overall goal is to raise the company’s profile.
Reporting directly to the President & Chief Operating Officer, the ideal candidate will have a mix of creativity, enthusiasm, and initiative. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about marketing and public relations and who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Recommend and execute marketing and business-development opportunities
- Identify and pursue targeted speaking opportunities for LittleThings executives
- Conduct proactive and reactive media relations, including pitch development
- Secure, schedule, and coordinate media interviews with LittleThings spokespeople
- Collaborate with internal team to keep information current within presentations and on company website
- Create regular internal communications to share updates on the business with the entire team
- Research and complete appropriate award applications
- 5+ years of relevant marketing and/or public relations experience
- Analytical thinker with the ability to accurately organize, analyze, and summarize information and data; the ability to identify trends, opportunities, and threats; and the ability to effectively communicate findings
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive attitude and work ethic
- Detail-oriented problem solver with the ability to multitask effectively
- A self-motivated, quick learner who is also collaborative
- Strong writing and media relations skills
- Health care, dental, and vision plans
- 401K plan
- Generous 24-month anniversary gift
- Video games and ping-pong table
- Monthly happy hour
- Friday catered lunches
- Walking distance to Penn Station, Grand Central Station, and Herald Square subway
- Flexible vacation days
- Window-lined office
- Daily snacks, fruit, beverages, and organic coffee
- In-office massages